The outcome of a partnership between Nissan and the public authorities, this facility is a model sustainable project.
In just seven months, we built the Parque das Águas Municipal Nursery in the city of Resende, in the state of Rio de Janeiro, based on a sustainable design.
The center was planned to serve the children of local residents, offering educational activities. It is a perfect space for uniting two pillars we consider fundamental to social development: education and family. The facility can accommodate up to 194 children, aged between three months and five years, 11 months – an age group faced with the challenge of a major deficit in nursery places in the municipality of Resende.
Read about some of the nursery’s distinctive features and its sustainable design:
– Use of natural light: there are glass walls in all classrooms, the canteen and open common areas;
– Natural ventilation: the circulation area is open and the canteen has a sun shading system, guaranteeing privacy, protection from the sun and adequate ventilation;
– Respect for the environment: the largest trees on the site were transplanted during the construction work in order to preserve them;
– Lower emissions: R410 gas is used in the air conditioning equipment, in accordance with environmental laws;
– Solar panels: renewable energy is generated using photovoltaic panels. No fuels are used to produce power and no harmful pollution is emitted into the environment.
The institute invested in this project in partnership with the municipal government of Resende and the state government of Rio de Janeiro.